5-week summer camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular camps. No junior camp in the world will better prepare you for an upcoming season than the IMG Academy 5-Week Summer Camps.
With two options (5-Week Tournament Camp or 5-Week Camp + Education Camp), the 5-Week Camps give players of all ability levels the customization they need to maximize their potential and improve on and off the course.
Both IMG Academy 5-Week Summer Camps include a Core program that incorporates technical, pre-competition and competition phases of instruction by focusing on all aspects of the swing (short game to full swing), multiple rounds, course management strategy sessions, video swing analysis and sport-specific physical and mental conditioning led by Athletic & Personal Development program specialists.
The 5-Week Tournament Camp also includes one extra hour per day of Mental Toughness, Nutrition, Leadership and Vision training, plus competitive tournament play ranked by the Junior Golf Scoreboard! The 5-Week Camp + Education Camps incorporate multiple academic options (see below).
5-Week Camp Details:
- Sunday, June 7, 2015 - Saturday, July 11, 2015
- Sunday, July 12, 2015 - Saturday, August 15, 2015
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- 5-Week Tournament Camp: 13-18
- 5-Week Camp + Education Camp: 8-18
- 7:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Daily: 3 hours of full swing/short game instruction, 9 holes of course management instruction, Physical Conditioning (power, injury prevention)
- Weekly: 1 hour/week of mental conditioning (confidence, focus), V1 swing analysis
Sample Daily Schedule
|9:30-11:30am||Generic Drills/Short Game|
|1:00-2:45pm*||Video Analysis/Range Work|
|2:45-3:45pm*||Putting or nine holes on the course (Physical conditioning every Monday)|
|4:00-5:00pm||Open Range/Practice Time|
|5:30-6:15pm||Total Athlete Program (if applicable)|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
5-Week Camp Benefits:
- Provides first-hand look at what it’s like to be an IMG Academy student-athlete
- Camps attract students from around the world in multiple sports
- Safe and secure campus, with nightly on-campus activities and weekly trips to local attractions
- Learn better time management skills due to rigorous school/ sport schedule
- Focused and competitive practice setting
IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for you to train and get ahead in the classroom with advanced high school classes, SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a 5-week period allows you to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like. It is designed for students who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus.
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of training and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
5-Week Summer Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Camp: For participants age 15-18 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Camp: For participants 8 – 18, a half-day of training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food , health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.