Girls Futsal Camp at the IMG Academy can enhance your skill set through the same training programs utilized by Futsal for decades. Many of the world’s top soccer powers have utilized Futsal – small-sided soccer that requires skill and quick decision-making – to develop talented players. Now is your chance with the IMG Academy Futsal Camp.
A 5-week progressive camp, the Futsal Camp emphasizes improvisation, creativity and technique as well as ball control and passing in small spaces to help create a more complete soccer player.
You will experience:
- Technical elements: Dribbling/ball control, passing, receiving, shooting/striking, heading
- Tactical progression: 1v1, 2v2 and up to 11v11 attacking, defending and movement.
- Match strategy: Speed of play, build-ups, changing point of attack, team shape, applying pressure
- Position-specific skills: Making runs, clearing space, sending players through, shutting down an opponent, using angles
- TOTAL ATHLETE training program: Includes goalie training and competition, plus one extra hour per day of Mental Toughness, Speed/Movement Training, Nutrition, Leadership Training and Vision/Reaction Training
Goalie Summer Camp Details:
- Ages 10-19 for players of all ability levels
- Sunday, June 21 - Saturday, June 27
- Sunday, July 21 - Saturday, July 18
- Sunday, August 2 - Saturday, August 8
- Includes position-specific drilling, strategy sessions and competitive scrimmages
- Daily: 2 hours of on-field technical and tactical training, 2 hours of competitive scrimmages, 1 hour of video analysis, 1 hour of Athletic and Personal Development training
- Player evaluations during the first session, after which players are split into skill-specific groups
- Boys and girls “Camper of the Week” announced each Friday
- Training evaluations mailed post-camp to help with continued development
Goalie Camp Benefits:
- Progression-based training helps you reach your true potential as a player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Athletes from around the world in multiple sports