The IMG Academy Weekly Camps offer players of all ability levels in grades 7-12 the chance to participate in a program that incorporates position-specific drilling, scrimmaging and off-court Athletic & Personal Development programs to improve all aspects of their game. Come for a week or multiple weeks - weekly camps are an incredible, comprehensive experience!
Every week includes a core training program with fundamental instruction in all aspects of the game, with a mix of scrimmages, classroom sessions and Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic & Personal Development specialists. All summer camp participants also have the option of optimizing their stay with THE TOTAL ATHLETE training program to accelerate their development.
- Ages: 7th grade – 12th grade
- Holiday Camp Dates
Sunday, November 23 - Thursday, November 27, 2014
Sunday, December 21- Thursday, December 25, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014 - Saturday, January 3, 2015
Sunday, February 15 - Saturday, February 21, 2015
Spring Break Camps during March and April
Monday, November 23 - Thursday, November 26, 2015
Sunday, December 20 - Thursday, December 24, 2015
- Summer Camp Dates
Girls only camps are available in summer from June 17-July 26th. However, girls are welcome any other week throughout the summer they will just participate in the general camp programming.
Sample Daily Schedule
|10:00-10:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Programs|
|1:00-1:45pm||Individual work/Shooting practice|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|4:00-5:15pm||Optional Individual work/Shooting practice|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
- Mix of on-court drill work and scrimmaging
- Exposure to basketball education thru lectures, film sessions, and team demonstrations to develop their basketball I.Q.’s.
- Daily: 4 hours of on-court training, 1.5 hours of organized scrimmages, 1 hour of Physical Conditioning (speed/strength training)
- Weekly evaluations that separate athletes into skill-specific groups
- Progression-based training customized to each player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Interaction with athletes from around the world in multiple sports
- Multiple-week Advantage - Maximizes improvement and is the greatest camp value
IMG Academy offers an option for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their basketball skills at the same time.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Sport Camp: For participants 13 – 19, a half-day of basketball training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.
Camp + Learning Differences camps blends a half-day of world-class sport instruction with a half-day of classroom work that incorporates strategies from the strength-based learning model. The 1-week camp focuses on executive functioning skills, including time management, organization, planning and prioritizing, as well as academic strategies and study skills.