No other camp in the nation better prepares athletes for an upcoming school year than the IMG Academy Boys 5-Week Training + Education Camp. Utilize the versatile and unique qualities of IMG Academy by choosing five weeks of progressive training + high school classes, ESL classes, TOEFL prep classes or SAT/College Prep classes. Five-week camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular camp options.
The 5-Week Training + Education Camp is designed for players who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience first-hand what it’s like to be an IMG Academy student-athlete.
The camp also features a Core training program that includes technical, tactical, match strategy and position-specific training on the field, plus one extra hour per day of Physical Conditioning or Mental Conditioning and college recruiting education.
Summer Camp Details:
- Ages 10-19 for players of all ability levels
- Sunday, June 7 - Saturday, July 11
- Sunday, July 12 - Saturday, August 15
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together.
- Includes position-specific drilling, strategy sessions and competitive scrimmages
- Morning: training, scrimmaging, video analysis and match strategy sessions
- Afternoon: Education elements (see below)
- Player evaluations during the first session, after which players are split into skill-specific groups
- Boys and girls “Camper of the Week” announced each Friday
- Training evaluations emailed post-camp to help with continued development
Sample Daily Schedule
|8:45-9:15am||Movement Training / Mental Conditioning|
*Schedules for campers registered for any academic programs (ESL) will have those classes Monday-Friday from 1:45-4:45pm.
- Advance your ability both on the field and in the classroom
- Progression-based training helps you reach your true potential as a player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Athletes from around the world in multiple sports
5-Week Camp + High School Classes:
IMG Academy camp and high school provides a schedule for players to train and study on campus. Classes offered include:
- English – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Social Science – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Mathematics – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
5-Week Camp + SAT/College Prep:
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half-day of training and a half-day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
5-Week Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their athletic skills at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Sport Camp: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Sport Camp: For participants 10 – 19, a half-day of training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.