Week long camps at the IMG Academy offer players of all ability levels in grades 7-12 the chance to participate in a program that incorporates position-specific drilling, scrimmaging and off-court Athletic & Personal Development programs to improve all aspects of their game. Come for a week or multiple weeks - weekly camps are an incredible, comprehensive basketball experience!
Every week includes a core training program with fundamental instruction in all aspects of the game, with a mix of scrimmages, classroom sessions and Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic & Personal Development specialists. All camp participants also have the option of optimizing their stay with THE TOTAL ATHLETE training program to accelerate their development.
- Ages: 7th grade – 12th grade
- Dates: Year-round
- Holiday Camp Dates:
Sunday, November 23 - Thursday, November 27, 2014
Sunday, December 21 - Thursday, December 25, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014 - Saturday, January 3, 2015
- Mix of on-court drill work and scrimmaging
- Players will be exposed to basketball education in the form of lectures, film sessions, and team demonstrations to develop their basketball I.Q.’s.
- Daily: 4 hours of on-court training, 1.5 hours of organized scrimmages, 1 hour of Physical Conditioning (speed/strength training)
- Weekly evaluations that separate athletes into skill-specific groups
- Player evaluations will be given to each player at the conclusion of their stay.
Sample Daily Schedule
|10:00-10:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Programs|
|1:00-1:45pm||Individual work/Shooting practice|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|4:00-5:15pm||Optional Individual work/Shooting practice|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
- Progression-based training helps you reach your true potential as a player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Athletes from around the world in multiple sports
- Multiple-week Advantage - Maximizes improvement and is the greatest camp value
IMG Academy offers an option for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their skills at the same time.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Sport Camp: For participants 13 – 19, a half-day of training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.
Camp + Learning Differences
Basketball weekly camp + Learning Differences camps blends a half-day of world-class sport instruction with a half-day of classroom work that incorporates strategies from the strength-based learning model. The 1-week camp focuses on executive functioning skills, including time management, organization, planning and prioritizing, as well as academic strategies and study skills.