If you need the summer season to improve on the field AND in the classroom, the IMG Academy 5-Week camps give you the opportunity to enter the fall season fully prepared! Five-week camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular camp options.
With a half-day of baseball training and a half-day of education (options below), you will experience the best of IMG Academy’s integrated and immersive programs. On the field, you will learn from the game’s top coaches with position-specific instruction in all phases of the game, while mixing in training elements, including video analysis, with competitive scrimmages. Off the field, you have multiple academic options: High school classes, TOEFL prep classes, SAT prep classes or Intensive English program.
The 5-Week Summer Baseball + Education Camps feature a Core baseball training program that includes baseball instruction plus group physical conditioning and mental conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development specialists.
- Ages 13+
- Sunday, June 7 - Saturday, July 11
- Sunday, July 12 - Saturday, August 15
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- All aspects of the game are thoroughly addressed on the field, in the classroom and in game situations
- Position-specific instruction
- Each player will be evaluated, assessed and tested to determine strengths and weaknesses
- Physical and Mental Conditioning sessions with Athletic & Personal Development program specialists
- World-class facilities including covered batting cages with ProBatter simulation pitching
- Comprehensive video analysis software used for hitting and pitching mechanics
- Wood bat training to refine swing mechanics
Sample Daily Schedule
|8:30-9:30am||Stretch, Throw, Skill Session|
|1:00-1:45pm*||Physical or Mental Conditioning|
|5:00-6:00pm||Total Athlete Program (if applicable)|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
- A month-plus of expert baseball instruction, competition and social activities, while having fun with other athletes from around the world.
- You can work on your game while improving your grades, working on college credit, becoming more comfortable with the English language or preparing for the SAT's (see below)
- With over 90 different countries represented by our student population, training at IMG Academy is the multi-cultural experience of a lifetime!
The comprehensive schedule allows a player to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like by completing coursework and a rigorous baseball training curriculum. It is designed for players who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes baseball training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus.
5-Week Camp + SAT/College Prep
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of Baseball and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
5-Week Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Baseball: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of baseball training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Baseball: For participants 12 – 19, a half-day of baseball and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.