Baseball Private School Program
The IMG Academy baseball program has a proven reputation for producing dominant teams and elite athletes who can perform at the high school, college and/or professional level. Led by Director Dan Simonds, our coaching staff consists of instructors who have years of experience either playing, coaching or managing at every level of the game, including Major League Baseball. Each IMG Academy baseball coach brings expertise for specific positions or areas of the game, allowing athletes to receive individualized instruction within a team setting to promote personal improvement and team development. Housed on our 500-acres campus, student-athletes enrolled in our program get the opportunity to practice and compete in our innovative training complex that rivals most MLB spring training facilities.
Explore everything about our Private School Program:
|Overview Academics College Placement|
International Students Student Life Admissions
Train where INNOVATION calls HOME.
Student-athletes will have full access to our professional 4-plex facility including 4 game fields, 2 half fields, 14 practice mounds, 12 indoor and outdoor batting cages as well as our 10,000 square foot weight room and performance turf facility.
By The Numbers
- Ages 11 - 19, Post-Graduate programs available.
- Graduates have a history of matriculating to premier academic and athletic universities, with recent graduates committing to play baseball at schools like: Boston College, Brown, Florida, Georgia Tech, Pepperdine, South Carolina, Stanford, Texas, Virginia, Wake Forest and countless others.
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Performance classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development
- Program director Dan Simonds has produced 32 MLB draft picks, 24 All-MAC selections, 5 MAC freshman of the year awards and 17 Academic All-MAC student-athletes
- At least two players selected in the MLB Draft in each of the past five years
- Pro-quality training facilities, including four-plex facility with stadium field, two half fields, fourteen practice mounds, 12 indoor and outdoor batting cages (including ProBatter PX2 Professional pitching machine) and multiple bullpens
- College-style A/B schedule that involves school in the first half of the day and sport training in the latter, or vice versa depending on sport and individual schedule. This allows for an ideal environment that enhances improvement in all aspects of academics and athletics.
|“For a parent to have the opportunity for their child to learn, develop their athletic ability and interact with student-athletes from all over the world -- in different sports -- is a very unique and rewarding experience. IMG Academy prepares the student-athlete for the future, whether it be for college or on to the professional ranks,”|
|Cliff P., Father of an IMG Academy alumnus and MLB scout|
Athletic and Personal Development
Athletic and Personal Development is the operating system for all sports. Utilizing a revolutionary training curriculum that addresses all key areas, it promotes athletic progression, character development, leadership and overall personal evolution.
Three Pillars of Training
1 – Core Training
Core Training consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week), Mental Conditioning (once per week), Nutrition (1-2 classes per semester) and Leadership Training (1-2 per semester). It also includes access to certified Athletic Trainers who cover practices and competitions as well as an athletic training room available for students for injury prevention and recovery. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training as part of their sport programming.
2 – Performance Classes
As part of the sport curriculum, all student-athletes receive four Athletic & Personal Development classes each school year. Each class lasts for 7 weeks. The classes are selected by the sport director and coaches based on what they feel will benefit the student-athlete the most, with students then rotating to a different class for each 7-week period. Each class has a tailored sport-specific curriculum. Classes include:
|Leadership 1||Leadership 2|
|Nutrition 1||Nutrition 2|
|Science of Speed 1||Science of Speed 2|
|Vision Training 1||Vision Training 2|
|Mental Toughness||Stress Management|
|Empowered Female Athletes||Yoga|
3 – Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline like mental conditioning or nutrition? Delivered in a one-on-one setting, a la carte additional services can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.
Your next level awaits.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Private School program.