The IMG Academy Baseball program has a proven reputation for producing dominant teams and elite athletes who can perform at the next level.
By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything they can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development.
- Ages 11 – 19. Post-Graduate programs available.
- Graduates in the past three years alone have signed with schools like Arizona State, Brown, UC-Irvine, Elon, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Stanford, Stetson and more
- Nation’s top coaching staff, led by Director Dan Simmons who has more than 14 years of D-I baseball coaching experience, producing 32 MLB draft picks, 24 All-MAC selections 5 MAC freshman of the year and 17 Academic All-MAC student-athletes during his tenure at Miami
- Collegiate-style training (half of the day spent in the classroom, half spent training on the field or in Athletic and Personal Development disciplines)
- Pro-quality training facilities, including three full-size fields, four practice fields, indoor and outdoor batting cages (including ProBatter PX2 Professional pitching machine) and multiple bullpens
- At least two players selected in the MLB Draft in each of the past five years
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
The IMG Academy baseball program has a proven reputation for producing dominant teams and elite athletes who can perform at the next level. With a coaching staff consisting of instructors who have coached/managed at every level of the game including Major League Baseball, IMG Academy offers the most thorough and proven training in the nation.
Each IMG Academy baseball coach brings expertise for specific positions or areas of the game, allowing athletes to receive the caliber of position-specific training unavailable at other prep baseball programs.
IMG Academy offers four teams (Post-Graduate, Varsity, Junior Varsity and 15U) that play some of the top teams at a regional and national level. With the team setting, though, the focus is set on individual development by offering a professional-style training environment that pushes players to reach their full potential.
The elite coaching and training programs result in team that are perennially listed as one of the nation’s best and players who are scouted by many of the top college programs and MLB teams.
Mark Buehrle, Toronto Blue Jays
Ian Desmond, Washington Nationals
Adam Dunn, Chicago White Sox
Nomar Garciaparra, 6x All Star
Josh Hamilton, 2010 AL MVP
Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
J.R. Murphy, NY Yankees 2nd Round pick
Tyler Pastornicky, Atlanta Braves
Chris Perez, Cleveland Indians
Carlos Quentin, San Diego Padres
Gary Sheffield, 9x All Star
Joey Votto, 2010 NL MVP
Vernon Wells, New York Yankees
Ryan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals
- 12 players selected in the MLB Draft since 2006
- 6 tournaments won since 2009
- Program-high team ranking of No. 6 nationally
- 16 student-athletes named to All-America teams since 2009
- 3 MLB MVP awards
- 39 MLB All-Star appearances
- 6 World Series championships
- 27 D-I signees since 2009
Athletic and Personal Development
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.