About Tony Ferreira
Ferreira brings to IMG Academy an immense amount of playing and coaching experience from within the baseball industry. In 1981, as a senior pitcher out of Riverside, California, Ferreira was drafted in the second round of the amateur draft by the Kansas City Royals. Four years later, Ferreira made his major league debut during the American League West pennant race where his team went on to win the World Series. Ferreira spent the next six years playing professionally and was a member of the AAA American Association championship team, Omaha Royals, right before retiring in 1992.
Soon after retirement from professional play he developed his own baseball training program called Pro Kids Baseball. Through the combination of his training program and his overall teachings and guidance, numerous former students have gone on to play at both the collegiate and professional levels.
- Worked with players and coaches of all ages for the last 20 years
- Drafted in the second round by the Kansas City Royals
- Played professionally for 6 years with the New York Mets, Seattle Mariners, San Francisco Giants, New York Yankees, Milwaukee Brewers, and the Kansas City Royals
- Developed a baseball training program called Pro Kids Baseball
- Consulted with players at the collegiate and professional levels including five-time World Series Champion, Cy Young Award winner and perfect game pitcher David Cone