International Student-Athlete Responsibilities
Our student-athletes are dedicated. They’re passionate. And they challenge themselves every day to excel in every aspect of their lives. We know it’s not always easy, but we also know it’s worth it. In addition to these core qualities, international student-athletes within our private school are also expected to learn and understand fundamental English. We do not expect every student to be fluent in English, but every student must have a basic proficiency level to participate in the classroom.
- While traveling, remember to keep your passport, the I-20 and F-1 visa together and with you at all times.
- If you are coming here as student, and you have different U.S. visas in your passport, make sure that Border Patrol officer looks at your F-1 (student) visa.
- Bring your passport, and I-20 form to school, and present to the International Student Advisor or a Designated School Official (DSO)
- The DSO will sign your I-20 on the third page and make copies of all your legal documents: I-20, visa, and passport.
- Students who are boarding on campus will be required to bring their visa documents to IMG Academy’s front desk in order to be secured.
- Students who are non-boarding will be required to provide an American address where student will be living.
Leaving the USA for Holidays or Tournament Travel
- When an international student leaves the United States, he/she must notify the International Student Advisor or a Designated School Official (DSO).
- The DSO will verify that the student has a valid I-20 and that the I-20 is signed appropriately on page three. If the I-20 is not properly signed, the student might have difficulties with re-entry into the United States.
- Students must always travel with their legal documents: I-20 and F-1 visa/passport.
Withdrawing or Graduating
- If an international student decides to withdraw from our School, he/she must inform the International Student Advisor or Designated School Official (DSO).
- If the student will be attending another school within the United States, the DSO will transfer the SEVIS (I-20) record to the new school via the SEVIS computer system. The student must provide DSO with new school information.
- If the student will not be attending another school within the United States, the DSO will be required to terminate the SEVIS (I-20) record.
- It is the student’s responsibility to communicate withdrawal decisions or transfer requests to IMG Academy in a timely manner.
Your next level awaits.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Private School program.