Please note that if you are attending a school other than IMG Academy, you must consult with that school’s advisor to find out their procedures for obtaining an I-20.
Please note that sport-only participants are not eligible for I-20s and/or student visas.
Requirements for the Form I-20
- Enroll as a full-time student in the IMG Academy. This includes completing all parts of the application before being offered admission.
- Provide a copy of your passport and any dependents’ passports
- Complete the required deposit and the international student fee if applicable
- Provide financial verification stating that you have sufficient funds to support your stay in the U.S.A. We may receive a fax or a copy. The US Embassy will require the original.
- See below for examples of acceptable financial verification
IMG Academy cannot, under US law, issue you an I-20 without the fulfillment of these requirements!
Please allow 3 business days to issue the I-20. I-20s will be sent by international express mail (UPS) to the address on the application, unless you contact us with an alternate mailing address.
Note: US Embassies and Consulates may only issue visas 120 days in advance of the school start date.
Financial Information & I-20 Verification for International Students
U.S. immigration regulations require that you demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your living and educational expenses for study on a full-time basis. All international applicants must meet our financial documentation requirements to receive a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20), and to apply for your F-1 visa.
What is acceptable financial verification?
All documents must be in English, or include a certified English translation. (Choose 1)
- Bank statements from past 3 months showing regular deposits accompanied by an Affidavit of Support
- Letter from bank (see sample)
- Letter from employer stating salary accompanied by an Affidavit of Support
Funds in your bank account must equal annual tuition plus living expenses. We calculate living expenses at $1,000 per month. Expenses for dependents are calculated at $500 for each dependent.
Sample Bank Letter
THIS LETTER MUST BE PLACED ONTO BANK LETTERHEAD
5500 34th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34210
We certify that Mr/Mrs……… have an account with (bank name).
Mr/Mrs………, who is one of our valued clients, is ready, willing and able to cover the cost of all tuition, fees, and miscellaneous expenses of (student name)……during enrollment at IMG Academy.
The cost of the program is: $xx,xxx.00
This certificate is issued at the request of our client without any obligation and responsibility on our part.
Banking representative’s name & signature
(Bank seal must be affixed to this letter.)
*If the bank letter doesn’t meet our requirements, or the funding comes from distant relatives or friends, we must additionally receive an Affidavit of Support completed by a family of student.