Every week at least one athlete from each sport will earn the Gatorade G-Award/IMG Academy Athlete of the Week for displaying Heart, Hustle and Soul, and exhibiting a true desire to reach their true athletic potential.
The IMG Academy Tennis winner of the Gatorade G-Award/IMG Academy Athletes of the Week Award is Anna Dovgopolya from Sarasota, Fla.
1. How long have you been playing football for?
Since I was two-years old.
2. What is your favorite thing about IMG Academy and why?
I love how they push you and want you to get better. They believe in you and suggest what’s better. Even if there is a huge group, they can still focus on you.
3. Do you have any pre-game rituals that help you prepare for a big game?
I usually just try to practice, but before the game I think positive and try to be consistent.
4. What professional athlete inspires you the most?
Bethany Hamilton, she is a professional surfer. Since she lost her arm in a shark attack, nothing stopped her. She has the passion of surfing and never gave up.
5. What is your favorite thing to do after you win a game?
I like to just relax and I can’t wait till the next match.
6. What motivates you to push through a tough practice?
I am thinking that I will get better if I just push through it. Even if its hot outside, I will just keep pushing and know I will get better.