Ready to learn what every youth and high school football player in the nation is talking about this spring? You got it! The IMG Academy Football Program is hosting its 4th Annual Kickoff Weekend Mini Camp March 15th-17th. The country’s premier spring weekend football camp, Kickoff Weekend provides each athlete an NFL modeled playbook at check–in. Mirrored after an NFL style mini-camp, Kickoff Weekend will be full of action, training, competition and education to heighten every player’s skills, specific to their position.
With some of the nation’s top coaches, led by Director Chris Weinke (Heisman Trophy and National Championship winner), you are offered the same customized position-specific training received by this year’s 2013 NFL Combine Training Class . Camp is available for football players of all ability levels with a mix of on-field drills, team/position meetings, classroom and video work, and 1on1, 3on3, 7v7, and team scrimmages.
What you’ll Learn:
- Quarterbacks - Footwork, proper mechanics, how to read every type of coverage, correct Arc 'n Pace for every throw, play-calling, learning a playbook.
- Running Backs - Ball control and protection, foot work, blocking, route-running, pre-snap reads, blitz pick-up and pass-catching skill.
- Offensive/Defensive Linemen - Proper fundamentals and techniques of stance, run-blocking, pass protection, and combination blocks. Pass rush skill, gap control and tackling.
- Wide Receivers/Tight Ends - Alignment, steps/depth on individual and combination routes, pass-catching skill, and releases off the line of scrimmage.
- Linebackers - Shedding blocks, tackling, blitzing, and correct positioning in man-to-man and zone coverage.
- Defensive Backs - Footwork, ball skills, tackling, blitzing, pre-snap reads, and man-to-man and zone coverage techniques.
- Kickers/Punters - Leg swing, ball striking, long-distance kicking, and accuracy. Ball drops/leg swings, pooch punting, directional punting and goal-line punting.
If you are between the ages of 13-19 and are serious about becoming a better football player, come be part of the action at IMG Academy March 15th – 17th. The IMG Academy football program looks forward to seeing you on the field! To register or ask questions, please email email@example.com or register online.